A 50mm wide Hook tape with a dry to the touch adhesive on the reverse that can be activated by using heat or solvents, or by using Ultrasonic high frequency welding. This Hook tape from Alfatex® has been slit down so that the adhesive runs from edge to edge with no sew-strip, this eliminates the edge from lifting preventing unwanted peel.
Weldable, heat or solvent based adhesives are ideal where a more permanent bond is required, they will adhere to most surfaces and are exceptionally good on PVC, this Alfatex® tape can also be used on fabrics by ironing to the material using a dry (no steam) hot iron.
- Good resistance to PVC plasticizers
- Good resistance to high relative humidity and water
- Very good adhesion to leather, wood-products, wood, paper, cardboard, cork, woven/non-woven/felt: cotton, PA, PES, aramide, glass, foam plastics: PVC, PUR, polystyrene, plastics: polycarbonate, ABS, PVC
- Good adhesion to woven/non-woven/felt wool, plastics: PA, PES, plexiglass, rubber, neoprene
- Not bondable with metals, aluminium
Important: assure that the application method is suitable for the surface and expected result. Bonding obtained via HF- or ultra-sonic welding, heat, or solvents (acetone, M.E.K., ...). The minimum activating temperature is 100°C but please avoid temperatures above 200°C, apply pressure in the application state to achieve good bonding it is important to note that the adhesive is not intended for removal and/or re-application. The surfaces must be free of oil, grease, dust, humidity, loose particles and silicone, the surface should also not be too uneven, brittle, soft or unstable or have paint or coating peeling off.
HF Weldable Adhesive
Polyethylene (PE, PELD, PEHD)
**Only when activated with solvent.