Iron On VELCRO® Brand Fusion Tape Instructions:
Today many of us, myself included would be lost at the thought of using a sewing machine, or needle and thread, regrettably it is an art that we are loosing in the home, thankfully however it is something that the wizards have considered at the Velcro companies.
Applying VELCRO® Brand Fusion Tape:Wash and dry fabric before applying Fabric Fusion fasteners. The heat-activated adhesive works on most heat tolerant fabrics, including cotton and blends, polyester, fleece, suede, canvas, denim, and nylon. For delicate fabrics, a press cloth is recommended.
1. With steam activated, heat steam iron to highest setting.
Preparing the Tape:
2. Remove VELCRO® Brand release paper from back of the hook or loop side.
Position the Tape:
3. Position adhesive side of the fabric fusion tape onto the fabric.
Place Fusion Tape onto the Fabric:
4. Place fabric with the fastener-side DOWN, onto your ironing board pressing surface.
Press with Iron:
5. Iron on for 90 seconds on the fabric with the hook or loop tape underneath (the VELCRO® Brand fusion tape should be fastener side to the ironing board surface, the fabric on top of that, then the iron), applying pressure and moving iron back and forth. Do not scorch the fabric. For delicate fabrics, a press cloth is recommended. Do not apply heat directly to the hook or loop tape.
Precautions, Hints & Tips:Steam iron performances vary. Cool fabric completely and test bond by lifting edge. If the fastener has fused, the edge should be fixed. If the edge can be peeled back, apply heat again. After applying Iron-on Fabric Fusion fasteners, wait at least 24 hours before laundering. After waiting 24 hours, the fabric can be machine washed or dry-cleaned. Close fastener when cleaning.
Before applying the tape as with adhesive it is always a good idea to round-off any corners, this way they are less prone to lifting as they will always be the most vulnerable.